Summer Camp is one of the most exciting and one of the most beneficial parts of your scouting career. The troop is scheduled to go week 1 which is July 11 – July 17 at Camp Keowa at Ten Mile River Camp. TMR is located in the Sullivan County Catskills in New York State, near Monticello and Narrowsburg.
Camp Keowa offers the typical Scout program areas, such as Archery, Rifle Shooting, Field Sports, Swimming, Flatwater Canoeing, Small Boat Sailing, Kayaking, Nature Center/trail, Scout Skills/Pioneering and more. For information on the camp.. www.tenmileriver.org/ke/
– Cost $300 per scout (Note real cost is $340 and if pay full by May 31 and we get $10 for recharter on time)
– Deposit $25 due April 30 (Need to get a count)
– Camperships are reductions in the total cost of camp, offered to Greater New York Councils Scouts. Several diffferent types of camperships exist. Each borough sponsors and administers its own campership program, and there are several other camperships sponsored by various groups that promote Scouting in NYC. Attached is the form for the request.
– We will work with families if the scout wants to go to camp in figuring out the cost.
– If a scout wants to go more than one week or can’t go the same week as the troop, we can make arrangement to stay with another troop.
PLEASE NOTE ALL PAPER MUST BE TURNED IN TO ONE OF THE ADULTS AT THE MEETING. If you sent it to the scout office it will be lost if not filled in properly.